The Edris House, a modernist design by architect E. Stewart Williams, has returned to the market in Palm Springs at $3.2 million, down $1 million from when it first listed earlier this year.
Built in 1952 for movie theater and farm owner William Edris and his wife, Marjorie, the knoll-top estate encompasses slightly more than two-thirds of an acre with commanding mountain and city views.
Concealed steel beams are used to support the home’s distinctive roofline, which features a subtle pitch and overhanging eaves. Original built-in screens serve as partitions for the 2,700 square feet of open-plan space.
In the heart of the home is the living and dining area, which has walls of windows and a rock-finished fireplace that runs from floor to ceiling. A kitchen filled with original details, three bedrooms and three bathrooms complete the living spaces.
Patio space, desert landscaping and a swimming pool and spa make up the grounds.
The property previously changed hands in 2001 for $1.2 million and in 1999 for $690,000, records show. Last year it was added to the National Register of Historic Places as a Class 1 site.