What LAUSD is looking for in a superintendent
The seven-member L.A. Board of Education agrees that these are qualities for the next superintendent:
- A clear vision for improving schools along with a sense of urgency
- Skills for bringing in financial resources and building public trust
- Fixing problems with technology, student discipline and food services
- A collegial relationship with the board
- Good relations with employee unions
- Frequent, open communication with parents and the public
Source: Interviews by Times staff writer Howard Blume
The perils of parenting through a pandemic
What’s going on with school? What do kids need? Get 8 to 3, a newsletter dedicated to the questions that keep California families up at night.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.