A sampling of questions from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s proposed assessment survey:
• Was your mother (or mother figure who principally raised you) ever arrested, that you know of?
• In the last 12 months before this incarceration, did you have an alias (do you sometimes call yourself by another name)?
• How often did you have conflicts with teachers at school? Never, sometimes, often?
• “I have a short temper and can get angry quickly.” Strongly disagree, disagree, not sure, agree, strongly agree
• “Some people just don’t deserve any respect and should be treated like animals.” Strongly disagree, disagree, not sure, agree, strongly agree