Inmate survey: a sampling of questions
A sampling of questions from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s proposed assessment survey:
• Was your mother (or mother figure who principally raised you) ever arrested, that you know of?
• In the last 12 months before this incarceration, did you have an alias (do you sometimes call yourself by another name)?
• How often did you have conflicts with teachers at school? Never, sometimes, often?
• “I have a short temper and can get angry quickly.” Strongly disagree, disagree, not sure, agree, strongly agree
• “Some people just don’t deserve any respect and should be treated like animals.” Strongly disagree, disagree, not sure, agree, strongly agree
The stories shaping California
Get up to speed with our Essential California newsletter, sent six days a week.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.