Anaheim daycare center worker accused of molesting two girls, ages 6 and 7
Anaheim police say they are searching for other possible victims following the arrest of an 18-year-old man on suspicion of molesting two girls at a city daycare facility.
Daniel Martinez was arrested Wednesday after meeting voluntarily with detectives, according to police. He had been working at a daycare facility in the 700 block of South Dale Avenue when he sexually assaulted two girls, ages 6 and 7, authorities said.
Police said they launched their investigation Nov. 9 after being informed of the alleged abuse. They did not name the daycare facility.
One of the victims told her mother that she had been abused and an examination supported her story, KTLA-TV reported.
Martinez was booked on suspicion of committing lewd acts on a child under 14 and is being held on $1-million bail. He’s due in court Friday.
Anyone with additional information about Martinez or who believes their child was a victim is urged to call Anaheim police at (714) 765-1963.
For breaking California news, follow @JosephSerna on Twitter.
The stories shaping California
Get up to speed with our Essential California newsletter, sent six days a week.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.