Advertisement

Worker suffers high-voltage electrical shock at Metro headquarters

Share

A worker suffered serious injuries Monday after he was shocked by high-voltage electricity at Metro’s headquarters in downtown Los Angeles, fire officials said.

The worker suffered serious arm and burn injuries, said Brian Humphrey, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Fire Department.

It is unclear whether the worker was employed by Metro. His identity was not released.

Advertisement

He and another worker were inside a subterranean electrical room at 1:12 p.m. when a sudden flash of electricity occurred, immediately shocking him, Humphrey said.

The other worker was not injured in the incident.

The cause of the sudden flash was not immediately known and will be determined through an investigation by the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health.

For breaking news in Los Angeles and throughout California, follow @VeronicaRochaLA. She can be reached at veronica.rocha@latimes.com.


Advertisement