Disneyland turns 60 on Friday, a testament to the endurance of its magic, but TripAdvisor travelers have anointed Universal Studio’s Island of Adventure in Orlando, Fla., as the No. 1 park in the world.
The 2015 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards, released Wednesday, ranked Disneyland as eighth.
Among U.S. parks, Disneyland ranked seventh, dropping two places since last year.
Orlando parks took five of the top 10 spots, which, of course, includes younger Disney sister properties.
IN THE LOOP: Sign up for our weekly theme parks newsletter
Here are TripAdvisor travelers’ picks for best amusement parks in the world, a ready-made bucket list for thrill seekers and park lovers everywhere.
1. Universal’s Islands of Adventure in Orlando, part of the 25-year-old Universal Orlando.
2. Discovery Cove in Orlando.
3. Magic Kingdom, Disneyland’s alter-ego in Orlando, which opened in 1971 and is part of Walt Disney World.
4. Universal Studios Hollywood in Los Angeles, which turned 51 on Wednesday.
5. Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando, part of Walt Disney World.
6. Universal Studios Florida in Orlando.
7. Europa Park in Rust, Germany.
8. Disneyland in Anaheim.
9. Beto Carrero World in Penha, Brazil, is the largest park in South America and opened in 1971.
10. PortAventura Park in Salou, Spain
In other rankings, travelers chose the San Diego Zoo as the best U.S. zoo and the best zoo in the world. It opened in 1915 and operates as a nonprofit organization.
The Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey, Calif., came in third.
DISNEYLAND AT 60: