Get ready for the crush: LAX expected to be nation’s second busiest airport during Thanksgiving week
Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL) will be the busiest airport in the nation during Thanksgiving week, followed by Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), according to a travel report released Wednesday.
The busiest time of day at airports during the Thanksgiving travel period from Saturday to Nov. 26 is 8:40 a.m. in Atlanta and 9 a.m. at LAX (local times).
The rest of the busiest U.S. airports at Thanksgiving are:
3. O’Hare International Airport (ORD), Chicago
4. DFW Airport (DFW), Dallas-Fort Worth
5. JFK International Airport (JFK), New York
6. Denver International Airport (DEN)
7. San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
8. McCarran International Airport (LAS), Las Vegas
9. Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT), N.C.
10. Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX),
Last year about 2.3 million travelers passed through LAX over Thanksgiving, an increase of 8.4% over the previous year, according to media reports. The busiest day for 2016 was Nov. 18, the first day of a holiday traveling period that lasted 11 days.
It's a date
Get our L.A. Goes Out newsletter, with the week's best events, to help you explore and experience our city.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.