The Four Seasons Lanai, a luxury resort on the little-visited Hawaiian island owned by billionaire Larry Ellison, was selected as 2018’s best hotel in America in rankings released Tuesday by U.S. News & World Report.
Ellison bought 97% of the island for $300 million in 2012, and renovated the Four Seasons inside and out. It reopened in 2016.
Other hotels in the top 10 in the U.S. are:
3. The Langham Chicago, which was the No. 1 hotel in 2017’s rankings
4. Twin Farms in Barnard, Vt.
5. Four Seasons Resort, Hualalai on Hawaii Island, which last year ranked No. 2
6. Acqualina Resort & Spa on Sunny Isles Beach, Fla.
7. Wentworth Mansion in Charleston, S.C.
8. The Beekman in New York City
10. The Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills