Here's what's new and interesting in entertainment and the arts:
- Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan officially join 'American Idol'
- Olivia de Havilland scores court victory; trial will begin Nov. 27
- 'Sex and the City 3'? Nope, not happening, says Sarah Jessica Parker
- Beyoncé goes bilingual on new remix of 'Mi Gente' for disaster relief
- Lynda Carter calls out James Cameron for his 'Wonder Woman' jabs
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus gets support from Joe Biden after cancer diagnosis
Morrissey has a two-night stand coming up at the Hollywood Bowl this fall, but true to form, his latest single suggests he'd rather be curled up under a blanket and hiding from the world.
"Spent the Day in Bed" is the new single from his forthcoming album, "Low in High School," and its electric piano-driven riff is a bit of a departure from his usual palette.
It also has some useful advice for staying sane in these trying times: "Stop watching the news / Because the news contrives to frighten you / To make you feel small and alone / To make you feel that your mind isn't your own."
"Low in High School" is out Nov. 17, and Morrissey headlines the Bowl on Nov. 10-11, sharing the bill with Billy Idol (huh?) both nights. You can buy tickets here.