Advertisement

Mission Viejo : Pilot Light Sets Liquid Afire in Garage of Home

Liquid ignited by a pilot light on a clothes dryer sparked a fire Tuesday evening that destroyed the garage of a Mission Viejo home, a county Fire Department spokesman said Wednesday. Damage was estimated at $60,000.

The owner of the home in the 26000 block of Cordillera Drive, Bob Perdue, reported the 9:30 p.m. fire, firefighter Craig Kinoshita said.

Discolorations on the garage’s concrete floor near a motorcycle indicated that the blaze was triggered by flammable liquid, Kinoshita said.

Firefighters controlled the blaze 20 minutes after they arrived at the home and found the garage engulfed in flames. The fire spread to parts of the attic, but it was contained there, Kinoshita said. Damage to the structure was estimated at $40,000 and to the contents, $20,000.

Advertisement


Advertisement
Advertisement