Advertisement

The State

La Habra High School students got an unexpected holiday after a maintenance worker failed to shut off a chlorine gas valve to a swimming pool filter. Only a skeleton crew remained to answer phones while the Orange County school’s 1,580 students and 120 teachers, administrators and staff were sent home as they arrived for classes. The maintenance worker was briefly overcome by the gas and was treated and released at a nearby hospital, police said.


Advertisement
Advertisement