A wind-whipped fire Wednesday caused extensive damage to one house and moderate damage to another before Orange County firefighters doused the flames.
The fire broke out at 8:19 a.m. and caused about $130,000 damage to the house at 10381 Perdido St. in an unincorporated county area between Anaheim and Stanton, county fire spokeswoman Kathleen Cha said.
The fire was believed to have been caused by lint buildup in a clothes dryer. Resident Tom Riley discovered the fire, and he and his wife, Hilaire, managed to escape unharmed, Cha said.
Winds gusting up to 35 m.p.h. blew embers onto the house next door, starting a fire that blew out windows and charred one wall, causing about $12,000 damage, authorities said. It took about 25 firefighters 30 minutes to extinguish the blazes, Cha said.