George Daney, a member of the Kansas City Chiefs' Super Bowl championship team in 1970, was found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning at his home Thursday, Raytown police said.
Sgt. Joe Rowley said Daney's wife found him on the floor of his garage, and there was some evidence he may have been working on a car. The Jackson County medical examiner had not yet made a ruling on the death.
Daney, 43, had worked in advertising since leaving football.
He was with the Chiefs from 1968 to 1974 as a backup guard behind Mo Moorman and Ed Budde and was considered an excellent special teams player.