Advertisement

$100,000 House Fire Started by Candles

Afire caused by candles igniting a Christmas tree did $100,000 damage to a Westlake Village house, the Los Angeles County Fire Department said.

The fire started shortly before 7 p.m. Tuesday in the 30800 block of Overfall Drive, spokesman Kerry Brisson said.

“The occupant and her two children were taking down the family Christmas tree and it struck lit candles,” said Sgt. Linda Spradlin of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

One firefighter suffered minor injuries in fighting the blaze.

Advertisement


Advertisement