What was learned:
* Ultra-high-technology weapons such as "smart-bombs" and cruise missiles managed to hit military targets without damaging civilian sites nearby.
* Unguided "dumb" bombs were no more effective than in past wars in attacking point targets such as bridges or tanks.
* Patriots are very effective in homing-in on the body of an incoming Scud or similar tactical ballistic missile. But you can't count on it to destroy the warhead.
What is still Unknown:
* Why Iraq never used its chemical and biological weapons against allied troops, even though it had them in ample supply.
* What the actual rate of accuracy of the U.S.' "smart" weapons was.
* How well the chemical protection suits used by American forces would have worked had Iraq used these weapons.
* Whether Iraq would have been able to mount chemical weapons on Scud missiles.
* Whether Iraq still possesses any Scud missiles, and if so, how many.