Two motorcyclists wanted in the death of a Beverly Hills developer who was shot after pulling off the Santa Monica Freeway last month were hired to kill the man by a business associate, police said Thursday.
Ronald Barry Ordin, 59, was shot in the head May 16 by a passenger on a motorcycle that had followed him off the freeway. Investigators initially believed Ordin and the two motorcyclists had been involved in a traffic dispute. But Lt. Ron Hall said Thursday that police now suspect that the gunmen were hired.
Ordin, who owned property downtown and in the Antelope Valley, had become involved in a business dispute with Reynoso Rene, 28, of Downey, whom police suspect arranged the shooting, Hall said. Rene allegedly hired Andrew Jackson, 21, of Compton, and Alfredo Perez Chacolla, 20, of Los Angeles. All three are named in warrants.