Chamber Orchestra Plans Six Concerts for 1991-92 Season
The Orange County Chamber Orchestra has announced six concerts for its 1991-92 season to be offered at the Irvine Barclay Theatre.
Soloists will include baritone Robin Buck, flutist Julius Baker, violinists James Buswell and Diana Halprin, and pianists Ory Shihor and Angela Cheng. Music director Micah Levy will conduct all programs, which begin at 8 p.m.
* Sept. 30: Beethoven program, including Military Marches, Symphony No. 8 and the “Emperor” Concerto with Ory Shihor as soloist.
* Nov. 4: Vivaldi’s “The Four Seasons,” with James Buswell, violin soloist; Handel’s Oboe Concerto, Peter Scott soloist; Tartini’s Cello Concerto in A, Anne Karam soloist.
* Jan. 13: Handel’s “Music for the Royal Fireworks”; Haydn’s “Surprise” Symphony; Robert Cummings’ Concerto for Flute, Julius Baker soloist.
* March 9: Mozart’s Symphony No. 33, Copland’s “Old American Songs,” baritone Robin Buck soloist; Corelli’s Concerto Grosso, Opus 6, No. 2; Irving Fine’s “Serious Song.”
* April 13: Mozart’s Piano Concerto No. 17 and solo piano works by Chopin, Angela Cheng soloist.
* May 18: Suite from Rameau’s “Les Boreades,” Saint-Saens’ “Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso,” Diana Halprin soloist; Ravel’s “Tzigane” and “Mother Goose” Suite; Ibert’s Divertissement.
Season tickets: $60 to $160; $54 to $144 for seniors and students. Single tickets: $12 to $29; $11 to $20 for students and seniors. Information: (714) 854-4040.
It's a date
Get our L.A. Goes Out newsletter, with the week's best events, to help you explore and experience our city.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.