Advertisement

TELEVISION

Arts and entertainment reports from The Times, national and international news services and the nation's press

Out of the Hospital: Burt Reynolds was released Saturday from Sherman Oaks Hospital, where he was admitted for tests after a fire flared in front of him on the set of CBS’ “Evening Shade.” Reynolds, who was found to be in fine health, entered the hospital for observation Friday. He had been taping a scene in which he heated a baby bottle in a microwave oven; the script called for the bottle to explode and for a co-star to use a fire extinguisher on it. But the fire extinguisher caught fire, and the flame singed Reynolds’ eyebrows.


Advertisement
Advertisement