Motion Picture and Television Fund's ninth annual Golden Boot Awards Aug. 17 at the Burbank Airport Hilton Hotel and Convention Center raised $180,000. Proceeds included a $50,000 donation from the Mary Pickford Foundation.
* Organization for the Needs of the Elderly hosted supporters at its annual fashion show and high tea June 23 at the Valley Senior Service and Resource Center, the organization's senior multipurpose center in Reseda. The show, featuring models wearing fashions from Diane Zander in Encino and Seymour Fashions in Reseda, netted $8,000 for Adopt-a-Senior, a project that provides meals to homebound seniors. Event hosts were Estelle Cooper, Michael Goodman and Rita Krasny.
* Los Angeles Regional Foodbank's Children and Youth Fund received a $15,000 grant from Kraft General Foods' Southern California Community Relations Committee. The grant will aid 139 agencies throughout Los Angeles County, including missions, day-care centers and residential facilities for needy and homeless children. The Los Angeles Regional Foodbank channels surplus food through 608 nonprofit agencies to feed more than 253,000 people weekly.
* Familycare School Readiness and Integrated Services Project within the Los Angeles Educational Partnership was awarded $50,000 at a reception Aug. 30. Vaughn Family Center, now in the planning and development phase, will be the first demonstration site for the project.
* Youth Opportunities Foundation received a $12,000 donation from Coca-Cola Foundation on Aug. 6. The funds will be used for Scholastic Aptitude Test preparation workshops for high school juniors and seniors from inner-city high schools in the Los Angeles area.
* The French Foundation for Alzheimer Research has, through its Founding Associates, raised more than $2.1 million over the last seven years at its annual "A Day at the Races" events. Proceeds are used for research projects worldwide. Elaine Smoots is president.
* Opera Guild of Southern California was presented a $5,000 check from Century Cable Television's Beverly Hills franchise to be used for educational programs. The guild provides professional fully staged opera performances for elementary schoolchildren.
* City of Hope's Professions and Finance Associates held its sixth annual Sports Award Dinner July 25 at the Beverly Hilton, honoring Michael Dunleavy, coach of the Los Angeles Lakers. Gala proceeds of $50,000 will establish the Mike Dunleavy Research Fellowship at the City of Hope National Medical Center and its Beckman Research Institute. Associates president Jeffrey Kapor, partner in the law firm of Katz, Hoyt, Seigel & Kapor was chairman.