Advertisement

Fumes From Barbecue Overcome 6 in Apartment

Six people were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes Monday after using a charcoal-type barbecue inside an apartment in the Fairfax district, the Fire Department reported.

Paramedics were called to the 1500 block of South Fairfax Avenue at 6:16 a.m., and took them to hospitals, said Fire Department spokesman Jim Wells. All suffered non-serious injuries, Wells said.

“They were using the barbecue for cooking and for warmth,” Wells said. “People should never use charcoal-type barbecues indoors.”


Advertisement
Advertisement