BODY WATCH : Snack Attacks : For between-meal meals, do you go for healthy or not-so-healthy? Or maybe you reach for nothing at all. : Celebrity Fun Foods
Do luminaries get the munchies? You bet your sweet patootie they do. When the famous are famished they nibble just like the rest of us. Here’s a sampling.
* Richard Riordan, mayor: cheese and fruit or Bob’s Big Boy hamburger
* Frederica Von Stade, mezzo-soprano: potato chips (any variety)
* Peter Ueberroth, businessman: Brach’s Starlite mints and Butter Toffee candy.
* Raven-Symone, actress: fruit, granola bars, Oreo cookies, pizza.
* Jim Plunkett, former Raiders quarterback: rice cakes, celery, M&M;’s.
* Kim Alexis, supermodel: carrots, celery, cucumbers and Melba toast.
* Mr. Blackwell, well, Mr. Blackwell: dried raisins and cashew nuts (“I bet you thought it was going to be champagne and caviar. Frankly there aren’t two things I dislike more.”)
It's a date
Get our L.A. Goes Out newsletter, with the week's best events, to help you explore and experience our city.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.