Company Town : Ex-Disney Film Exec Joins Warner
Warner Bros. named former Walt Disney Co. animation executive Jerry Davis as director of creative development for its feature animation department.
Davis was senior creative executive at Walt Disney Feature Animation, supervising such projects as the forthcoming “Toy Story.” He previously was director of television for Landmark Entertainment Group.
* Carolyn Baker was named Warner Bros. Records vice president of A&R; development for black music.
* Georgia O’Connor has been promoted to the new position of vice president of field marketing for Buena Vista Pictures Marketing.
* Michele DiLorenzo has been promoted to president of Viacom New Media in New York.
* Disney Publishing has announced the promotion of John Skipper to vice president. He will oversee all Disney U.S. magazine and book publishing operations.
* Alliance Communications named Michael Weisbarth executive vice president of television.
* Gordon Peil has been named senior vice president of affiliate relations for Westwood One Entertainment in New York.
* Universal Pictures’ marketing and publicity divisions announced a number of promotions and hirings as part of an expansion program:
Dan Wolfe was promoted to vice president of creative advertising operations, and Pam Postrel and Mary Erickson were named directors of creative advertising.
Charlie Holland of Premiere magazine joins the studio as director of print advertising. Brenda Scarbrough was promoted to executive director of media. Cece Horwitch has left Miramax Films to become Universal’s senior publicist. Elizabeth Gengl and Jeffrey Sakson have been promoted to publicity directors.
Elizabeth Brous has left Savoy Pictures to join Universal as a publicity director. Marilyn Moore was named director of field operations. John Polwrek was named vice president of national promotions.