Company Town : Fischer and Busby Fill New Posts at MCA / Universal
MCA/Universal has promoted two executives to new senior-level positions. Joseph A. Fischer was named executive vice president of the MCA Motion Picture Group; Ann Busby will be senior vice president of the group. They and Jon Gumpert, legal and business affairs vice president, will assume the duties of former MCA executive Fred Bernstein.
* MGM/UA has named Rachel Aberly vice president of publicity for distribution and Marsha Gleeman president of the company’s new music division.
* Geoffrey Darby has rejoined Viacom as president of Interactive Television Services.
* Ann Morfogen has been appointed vice president of communications at Sony Corp. of America.
* Nelvana Communications Inc. has promoted Bob Higgins to director of development.
Harry Garfield has been named senior vice president of music for Universal Pictures.
* Miramax Films has promoted Scott Greenstein to senior vice president of motion pictures, music, new media and publishing.
* Richard Ingber has joined Buena Vista Marketing, where he will oversee all aspects of marketing for Caravan Pictures.
* dick clark productions inc. has named Charles Candelas vice president of operations for the Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Grill chain of restaurants.