Ziffren, Brittenham & Branca, one of Hollywood's leading law firms, is changing its name, adding that of lawyer Samuel Fischer to its masthead.
Fischer, a member of the firm since 1984, has worked with such clients as Morgan Creek, Interscope, Turner Pictures and writers Joe Eszterhas and J.F. Lawton.
* MTV promoted Janet Scardino to the new position of vice president of international marketing.
* Alliance Communications Corp. named Steven Mendelson senior vice president of series and new-media development and Laurie Pozmantier senior vice president of long forms.
* Ralph Farquhar, producer of the television show "South Central," signed a writer-producer deal with Big Ticket Television.
* Susan J. Petersen will head Riverhead Books, a new publishing imprint under MCA's Putnam Berkley Group. She joined Putnam last year after working as president of Random House's Ballantine/Del Rey/Fawcett/Ivy.
* Ollie E. Brown has been named by Dick Clark Productions senior vice president of artists and repertoire for the company's new Click Records division.
* For more Company Town coverage and insightful analysis of the entertainment industry, sign on to the TimesLink on-line service and "jump" to keyword "Inside Hollywood."
Details on Times electronic services, A4