The three San Fernando Valley campuses in the Los Angeles Community College District could receive nearly $49 million in funding for a range of mostly outdoor maintenance and improvement projects under a proposed tax plan.
Pierce College, Woodland Hills
$28-million request includes:
* $8 million to expand campus stadium seating to 30,000 or more and related facilities.
* $6.25 million to repair aged campus parking lots and replace lighting and sprinkler systems.
* $6 million to build an equine center arena for animal shows, rodeos and major events.
Mission College, Sylmar
$15-million request includes:
* $10 million to construct a physical fitness center.
* $4.5 million to build a two-level parking structure.
* $140,000 to reseal and resurface the campus parking lot.
Valley College, Van Nuys
$5.95-million request includes:
* $2.25 million for parking lot resurfacing.
* $755,000 to landscape around the campus's bungalow classrooms.
* $354,400 for park and recreation improvements at the baseball stadium.