Monday is Christmas. The following will be closed in observance of the holiday:
* All city, county, state and federal offices.
* County, state and federal courthouses.
* City and county libraries.
* Banks and savings and loans.
* Schools: There will be no classes and school offices, including those at colleges and universities, will be closed. Many schools also will be closed until Jan. 2; call local school districts to confirm.
* Mail: There will be no mail delivery. All post offices will be closed, and mail deposited in mailboxes will be picked up according to the posted holiday schedule.
* Trash: There will be no trash pickup by city or county refuse workers. Trash pickups will be a day late for the rest of the week in unincorporated areas of the county and cities except Anaheim, Brea, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Orange, Placentia and Yorba Linda. There, service will be delayed one day for those whose regularly scheduled trash pickups falls on the holiday.
* Buses: Orange County Transportation Authority buses will run on the holiday schedule. There will be no dial-a-ride or carpool services.
* Parks: All state parks will be open. All city- and county-run parks and recreation facilities will be closed.