Monday is Christmas. The following services will be affected or closed:
* MAIL: All post offices are closed and no mail will be delivered.
* BANKS: Banks and savings and loan institutions are closed.
* COURTS: All courts are closed.
* SCHOOLS: Most public schools in Los Angeles County, including schools in the Los Angeles Unified School District, are closed.
* GOVERNMENT: All federal, state, county and municipal offices, except those providing emergency services, are closed.
* TRANSPORTATION: MTA buses will follow Sunday schedules and Metrolink trains will not run.
* TRASH: Regular Monday trash collection for Los Angeles city residents will be postponed until Tuesday.