Tours of homes for the holidays tend to be popular Southland attractions. Numerous groups are hosting tours this weekend, with houses chosen for their historic value, elegance--or both. Some are private homes, some are now public, and most tours will benefit a good cause. Slip on some comfortable shoes and get in the holiday spirit:
* The 1996 Holiday Home Tour, featuring four homes in the Santa Clarita Valley, takes place Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. It benefits the Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital birthing services. $15. (805) 253-8082.
* The 29th annual Holiday Look in Home Tour, sponsored by the Women's Committee of the Pasadena Symphony Assn., takes place Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Four homes decorated by professional florists; refreshments follow at University Club, 175 N. Oakland Ave., Pasadena. In advance, $20; at the door, $25. (818) 793-7172.
* The Methodist Hospital 42nd annual tour includes four Arcadia / Sierra Madre homes. Saturday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. In advance, $15; at the door, $18 (includes admission to Christmas House at Sierra Madre Community Center, 611 E. Sierra Madre Blvd.). Lunch available. (818) 821-2353.
* Muckenthaler Cultural Center's eighth annual Holiday Home Tour begins at the center, 1201 W. Malvern Ave., Fullerton, and includes two homes, a holiday tea (10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.) and a holiday floral demo. Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. $20. (714) 738-6595.
* The Wellness Community, Valley-Ventura, is hosting four homes Saturday and Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. Themes include "I Love a Whimsical Christmas" and "A Magical Children's Christmas." In advance, $12; at the door, $15. (805) 531-5155.
* The Chopin Chapter presents the Christmas by the Sea home tour, in Emerald Bay, Laguna Beach (park at El Morro School on Pacific Coast Highway). Saturday, 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Suggested donation: $25, at the school. Benefits Orange County Performing Arts Center. (714) 497-1513.
* The Neighborhood Church's Yule Parlor Parade features four Peninsula homes, a Christmas tea, music and refreshments. Friday and Saturday, noon-4 p.m. $20 at the church, 415 Paseo del Mar, Palos Verdes Estates. (310) 833-4258.
* Visit seven homes on the YWCA of Redlands' annual Holiday Home Tour (includes Graystone, an 8,000-square-foot home). Tickets at the YWCA, 16 E. Olive Ave., Redlands. Sunday, 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. In advance, $15; at the door, $20. (909) 793-2957.