The Los Angeles County Department of Health Services will offer free flu shots for seniors 60 and older at 28 area locations through Dec. 5.
Younger people with heart, lung, kidney disease or other chronic conditions also qualify for the free vaccines, officials said.
The immunization provides protection against the virus one to two weeks after it is received, and continues to protect from infection for as long as one year, according to health officials.
Last year, 95,000 county residents received the vaccine. Officials say they expect to immunize more than 100,000 people this year.
For the schedule of immunizations or more information, call (800) 427-8700.
The vaccines will be offered on a walk-in basis at the following sites:
* American Red Cross Service Center, 14717 Sherman Way, Van Nuys, Tuesday and Oct. 28, Nov. 6 and 12.
* Glendale Health Center, 501 N. Glendale Ave., Tuesday.
* Pacoima Health Center, 13300 Van Nuys Blvd., Tuesday to Dec. 5.
* NEVHC/LAC Health Center, 23763 Valencia Blvd., Valencia, Tuesday to Dec. 5.
* Antelope Valley Health Center, 335-B E. Avenue K-6, Lancaster, Tuesday to Dec. 5.
* First Neighborhood Community Center, 31830 Village Center Road, Westlake Village, Wednesday.
* ONE Valley Senior Center, 18255 Victory Blvd., Reseda, Thursday.
* East Valley Multipurpose Senior Center, 5000 Colfax Ave., North Hollywood, Thursday.
* Santa Clarita Valley Senior Center, 22900 Market St., Newhall, Thursday.
* Wilkinson Senior Center, 8956 Vanalden Ave., Northridge, Friday.
* Granada Hills Community Hospital, 10445 Balboa Blvd., Oct. 20.
* Valley Storefront Multipurpose Senior Center, 12821 Victory Blvd., North Hollywood, Oct. 20.
* Northeast Valley Multipurpose Senior Center, 11300 Glenoaks Blvd., Pacoima, Oct. 21.
* St. Mark's Episcopal Church, 1020 N. Brand Blvd., Glendale, Oct. 21.
* Verdugo Hills Hospital, 1812 Verdugo Blvd., 4th Floor, Glendale, Oct. 21.
* Palmdale Senior Center, 1002 E. Avenue Q-12, Oct. 21.
* Fickett Tower, 14801 Sherman Way, Van Nuys, Oct. 22.
* Antelope Valley Senior Center, 737 W. Jackman St., Lancaster, Oct. 22.
* West Hills Medical Center, 7325 Medical Center Drive. Oct. 23.
* Glendale Adult Recreation Center, 201 E. Colorado Blvd. Oct. 23.
* Orchard Arms Nutrition Site, 23520 W. Wiley Canyon Road, Valencia, Oct. 23.
* Bernardi Senior Center, 6514 Sylmar Ave., Van Nuys, Oct. 24.
* Joslyn Adult Center, 1301 W. Olive Ave., Burbank, Oct. 27.
* West Valley Jewish Community Center, 22622 Vanowen St., West Hills, Oct. 27.
* Valley Presbyterian Hospital, 15107 Vanowen St., Van Nuys, Oct. 29.
* Devonshire Community Service Center, 16263 San Fernando Mission Road, Granada Hills, Nov. 5.
* Sunland Senior Citizens Center, 8640 Fenwick St., Nov. 6.
* Canoga Park Senior Center, 7326 Jordan Ave., Nov. 7.