* Hours spent brushing teeth, lifetime average: 911
* Percent of Americans who wet their toothbrush before applying paste: 47
* Percent of children who use too much toothpaste: 73
* Percent of U.S. households with dental floss: 90
* Percent of Americans who admit they never floss: 21
* Most popular toothbrush color: blue
* Average number of dental visits, lifetime: 142
* Number of toothpastes with the American Dental Assn.'s Seal of Acceptance: 65
* Percent of U.S. children without access to fluoridated water: 40
* Estimated number of dental injuries prevented each year in youth football players who wear mouth guards: 200,000
* Percent of U.S. adults who think they have gum disease: 4.
* Percent who do: 75
* Percent of toothless U.S. adults in the 1970s: 30
* Today: 15
Sources: American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry; American Dental Assn.; Academy of General Dentistry; Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Inc.; Oral-B Laboratories.