* What kind of nuts don't have shells? Doughnuts. (Albert Eberts, 5, Los Angeles, Mayberry Street School)
* Why did the man sit in front of the TV with a washcloth? He was going to watch a soap opera. (Gina Murry, 12, North Hills, Holmes Middle School)
* Why did the jelly roll? It saw the apple turn over. (Tommy Warton, 9, San Pedro, South Shores Elementary)
* Why did the little girl take her clock to the vet? Because it had ticks. (Ashley Anne Fritzler, 4, Santa Barbara, San Marcos Preschool)
* What do you get when you cross a Hawaiian dancer and a hoop? A hula hoop. (Shannon O'Quinn, 10, Whitehouse, Texas, H.L. Higgins Intermediate School)
* Do you know how poor I am? I can't even pay attention. (Alyssa Fonseca, 7, Madison, N.J., St. Vincent Martyr School)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we've published before. And please be patient.