When does the detective sleep? When he's working under cover. (Ken Hamilton, 8, Coto de Caza, Wagon Wheel Elementary)
* Why did the lady put lipstick on her head? She wanted to make up her mind. (Stephanie Tanimoto, 9, Laguna Hills, Valencia School)
* Who is a horse's favorite person? Its neigh-bor! (Geneva Comer, 6, Mission Viejo, Castille Elementary)
* What's the loudest color? Yell-ow. (Matthew Ordaz, 6, La Mirada, Lighthouse Christian School)
* Why did the silly kid swallow 95 cents? Because it was his lunch money. (Ramin Quintanilla, 9, Los Angeles, Cahuenga Elementary)
* Why didn't the chicken cross the road? Because she had a good eggs-cuse. (Zachary Harvey, 6, Rancho Santa Margarita, Mission Hills Christian School)
* SEND US A LINE: Kids, got a joke? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Include (print, please) your full name, age, hometown and school.