Ventura County firefighters extinguished two blazes over the weekend--one started by a car in a Camarillo garage and another that ignited in a trailer in the back of Amgen Inc. in Thousand Oaks.
No injuries were reported in either case.
About 5:45 p.m. Saturday, a family living in the 200 block of Estancia Place in Camarillo noticed flames coming out of their garage, said Ventura County Fire Capt. Ron Tapolinski. They peeked inside, but quickly closed the door after seeing the fire and called for help, he said. Firefighters put out the fire about half an hour later.
Damage was confined mostly to the garage, Tapolinski said. There was about $20,000 in damage to the structure of the building and $26,000 to the contents. Tapolinski did not know how the car ignited, but said most vehicle fires start by faulty electrical wiring or gas leaks.
About 7:45 p.m. Saturday, a lamp outside a storage trailer at 2100 Amgen Center Drive was somehow knocked over and started a fire, according to a county fire spokeswoman. The blaze was confined to the trailer. Authorities estimate there was about $35,000 in damage to the structure and contents of the trailer.