* Why can't a bike stand up by itself? Because it is two-tired. (Kenia Garcia, 9, Lynwood, Wilson Elementary)
* What did the tree do when it took a vacation? It packed its trunk. (Daniella Kaufman, 7, Valley Village, Beth Hillel Day School)
* Why do you invite the "R" to a Halloween party? Because it turns fiends into friends. (German Perez, 9, Lynwood, Wilson Elementary)
* What is big and yellow and picks up ghosts in the morning? A ghoul bus. (Anna Losorelli, 8, Sierra Madre, Holy Angels School)
* What kind of shower doesn't get you wet? A baby shower. (Alexandra Olmstead, 8, Laguna Niguel, Moulton Elementary)
* What do vampires wear to school in September? Their bat-to-school clothes. (Christopher Alvarez, 10, Lynwood, Wilson Elementary)
* SEND US A LINE: Kids, got a joke? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Include (print, please) your full name, age, hometown and school.