Definition: A rat is a squirrel having a bad tail day. (Tesssa Abrahams, 7, Los Angeles, Palisades Charter Elementary)
* Why did the lady go out with her purse open? Because she heard there was going to be some change in the weather. (Jenna Michlin, 8, San Pedro, Harbor Magnet)
* On a baseball diamond, is it longer from first to second base or from second to third? From second to third because there is a shortstop in the middle. (Lindsey Marino, 13, Irvine, Sierra Vista)
* What word is spelled wrong even by experts? "Wrong." (Katie O'Rourke, 9, Solvang, Solvang Elementary)
* What is the best time of the day to go to the dentist? Tooth-hurty! (Nicholas and Zachary LaBrenz, 8 and 5, Chula Vista, Pilgrim Lutheran LSchool)
* SEND US A LINE: Kids, got a joke? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Include (print, please) your full name, age, hometown and school.