* Why did the leopard have a lousy vacation? Because he couldn’t find the right spot. (Stephanie Wells, 9, Topanga, Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran School)
* Why did the little boy cut a hole in the rug? Because he wanted to see the floor show. (Naomi Marisa Fa-Kaji, 7, Pasadena, St. Philip the Apostle)
* What is a rabbit’s favorite meal? A Hoppy Meal. (Courtney Bell, 8, Costa Mesa, Killybrooke Elementary)
* Why don’t elephants like playing games in the jungle? Because of all the cheetahs. (Mauricio Moreno, 10, Los Angeles, Ramona Elementary)
* Why was the egg considered not to be nice? Because he was hard-boiled. (Julia R. Weinrott, 6, Los Angeles, Overland Avenue School)
* What animal goes tick-tock-woof? A watch dog. (Veronica Kopelevich, 9, Los Angeles, Pilgrim School)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Clearly print your full name, age, hometown and school.