* Edward Jones’ Outlook ’99, a financial seminar will be broadcast at 3 p.m. today at Lyons Station, 23422 1/2 Lyons Ave., Newhall, and at City Hall, 23920 W. Valencia Blvd., Room 250, Santa Clarita. The program is free, but seating is limited.
For reservations or information, call Marilyn Drummond in Newhall at (805) 288-2120 or Cheryn Watkins in Santa Clarita at (805) 259-2033.
* Toastmasters of Woodland Hills, a group designed to develop speaking and leadership skills, holds a free public meeting today and every Tuesday, from noon to 1:15 p.m. at Pacific Lodge, 4900 Serrania Ave., Woodland Hills. Visitors welcome.
For information, call (818) 788-1157.
* The Sales & Marketing Assn. of Los Angeles will feature Constance Dean Yambert speaking on improving presentation and sales skills at 4:45 p.m. Wednesday at the Sportsman’s Lodge, 12833 Ventura Blvd., Studio City. The monthly dinner that follows is $30 for members and $35 for nonmembers.
For reservations, call (818) 755-4698.
* The Northridge chapter of Ali Lassen’s Leads Club will meet at 7:15 a.m. Wednesday at Mimi’s Cafe, 19710 Nordhoff St., Northridge.
For more information, call Mary Lou German at (818) 346-6877 or Franchelle Youngers at (800) 767-7337.
* The Woodland Hills chapter of Ali Lassen’s Leads Club will meet at 7:15 a.m. Wednesday at Coco’s restaurant, 22200 Sherman Way, Canoga Park.
For more information, call Douglas Wolf at (818) 888-0033.
* LeTip of Woodland Hills will hold a breakfast meeting at 7 a.m. Thursday at Marie Callender’s, 6633 Fallbrook Ave., Canoga Park. Newcomers are encouraged to bring at least 50 business cards.
For reservations or information, call Lee at (818) 887-0070.
* The Tarzana chapter of Ali Lassen’s Leads Club will meet at 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Carrow’s restaurant, 18355 Ventura Blvd., Tarzana.
For more information, call Eileen Elliot or Lois Terrazas at (800) 767-7337.
* Toastmasters of Sherman Oaks will meet at 7 p.m. Monday at Denny’s restaurant, 17475 Sherman Way, Van Nuys.
For information, call (818) 765-1370.
* The Rotary Club of Mid SFV Sunrise will sponsor a seminar on Y2K readiness: “Solving the Year 2000 Problem.” A panel of experts will discuss strategies from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the Airtel Plaza hotel, 7277 Valjean St., Van Nuys. The seminar and breakfast cost $25 in advance or $30 at the door.
For reservations, call David Kaplan at (818) 902-3853 or Bob Gardner at (818) 784-1071.
* The American Society for Training and Development will meet from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Jan. 12 at 18344 Oxnard St., Suite 104, Tarzana. Agnes Mura will discuss training strategies.
For information, call Howard Bodner at (818) 757-0972 or Shoshana Brower at (805) 496-0789.
* Glendale Community College will offer a course in personnel management beginning Jan. 12. Applications are being accepted for the class, which will meet Tuesdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
For registration information, call (818) 240-1000, Ext. 5910. More information is available on the college Web site at https://www.glendale.cc.ca.us.
* Valley International Trade Assn. will hold a luncheon seminar on “The European Currency” from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Jan. 13 at the University Club, Cal State Northridge, 18111 Nordhoff St., Northridge.
The cost is $25 for members and $35 for nonmembers.
For information or reservations, call the association office at (818) 346-5620.
* The Healthcare Division of the American Society for Training and Development will meet from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Jan. 14 at Glendale Memorial Hospital Auditorium, 1420 S. Central Ave., Glendale. Bill Bradley and Ken Nowark will speak on issues including career effectiveness.
For information, call Doug Miller at (818) 409-7649.
* Cal State Northridge’s College of Extended Learning will offer two certificate programs for computer science professionals in Oracle, a software integration program, beginning Feb. 15 from 7 to 9:30 p.m. at CSUN, 18111 Nordhoff St., Northridge.
For information, call (818) 677-3911 or e-mail email@example.com.
News and announcements for this column can be sent two weeks in advance to the Business Calendar, 20,000 Prairie St., Chatsworth 91311 or faxed to (818) 772-3338.