The Dave Matthews Band tour covers stadiums, arenas and amphitheaters, and is headed for Woodstock later this month. Also: Jimmy Cliff.
* Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre, 8800 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine, (949) 855-2863. 7 p.m.
Nothing like some free music to cap off the week, and there's a wide variety today:
Described as "an unorthodox blend of unabashed romanticism and primitive groove," Tryptich takes the stage at downtown's premier outdoor venue.
* California Plaza Watercourt, 350 S. Grand Ave., (213) 687-2159. Noon.
If you decide to do your Carmen Miranda imitation during "Brazil, Brasil," at least the fruit for your hat will be handy.
* Farmers Market, 6333 W. 3rd St., (323) 933-9211. 7 p.m.
And what could be more soothing than the sound of kids' voices? Check out the Los Angeles Children's Chorus and Central California Children's Choir.
* Pasadena Presbyterian Church, 555 Colorado Blvd., (626) 793-4231. 7:30 p.m.
"Forever Plaid" is the hit musical comedy about a '60s tight harmony quartet that is whisked back from its unfortunate fatal encounter with a bus for one more chance at stardom.
* Music Theater of Southern California, Civic Auditorium, 320 S. Mission Drive, San Gabriel. Today-Saturday, also Thursday-July 17, 22-24, 8 p.m.; Sunday and July 17-18, 24-25, 2 p.m. (626) 308-2868.