* Richard J. Rapp has been appointed chief financial officer of Certus Corp. in Irvine. He is responsible for all financial activities of the company as well as human resources, investor relations and employee investment programs. Rapp was formerly chief financial officer and board member of Abbey Healthcare Group.
* Marvin Berger, executive vice president of marketing and sales at Irvine-based Sims Communications, will manage the company’s JustMed.com division. Berger has previously held senior positions at IBM, Data General, Visage and SmarTalk TeleServices.
* Luke Peltier has been named to the newly created position of senior vice president of wholesale operations for New Century Mortgage Corp. in Irvine. Peltier joined New Century in 1996 as sales manager for the Chicago wholesale office and was later named vice president, region manager for the Midwest territory. In 1998, Peltier was appointed wholesale division manager with responsibility for four regions and two regional processing centers.
* Jack Kenefick has joined Corbin & Wertz in Irvine as senior accountant in the tax department. He has more than five years of experience in the accounting industry.
* John Breslin has been named chairman, chief executive and president of Verteq Inc. in Santa Ana. He had been executive vice president and director of sales and marketing for the company.