Camp Laurel for children with HIV/AIDS needs volunteer counselors, social workers, registered nurses and doctors Aug. 20 to 28. The camp is located in the San Bernardino Mountains and includes activities such as hiking, canoeing and swimming. Web site: http://www.CampLaurel.org. Information: (323) 653-5005.
* Young Artists International, a group dedicated to the support and promotion of gifted young musicians, needs volunteers in the areas of bookkeeping, driving, ushering, ticket sales, media, mail and office management for its 2nd annual International Laureates Music Festival from July 27 to Aug. 23. Twenty-eight winners of competitions from 20 countries will perform solo and chamber music in nine public and private concerts in the Los Angeles area. Information: (310) 281-3303.
* Westside Women's Health Center in Santa Monica needs volunteers in its administrative offices to do copying, word processing and data entry. Information: (310) 450-4773, Ext. 240.
* Los Angeles Doctors Symphony Orchestra needs string players, bassoonists, oboists and brass players of all occupations to join. The orchestra provides benefit concerts to help medical and mental health charities. Rehearsals are held in Los Angeles and performances are in the L.A. area. Information: (310) 275-0584.
* Stitches From the Heart in Los Angeles needs volunteers to knit/crochet hats, booties and blankets for babies in need. Yarn and patterns can be provided. Information: Kathy Silverton, (310) 472-0355.
* Boyle Heights College Institute, dedicated to the advancement of inner-city youth, needs college juniors, seniors or graduates to mentor students, and high school and college students to tutor in its after-school program. Information: (323) 263-3229.
* Congress of Racial Equality is looking for volunteer paralegals and a receptionist for its Los Angeles field office. Information: (323) 298-8777.
* Hollywood Entertainment Museum needs volunteers to provide tours and to help with special exhibits, during corporate events, in the museum shop, in administration and in its marketing and development offices. No experience is necessary. Training is provided. Information: Ellen Snyder, (323) 960-4803.
* Encino B'nai Brith's Bagel Brigade needs volunteers to pick up bagels, breads and pastries and deliver them to schools in areas with needy families, to battered women and children, senior citizen centers, the homeless and mental health centers. Information: Steven Pollack, (818) 992-7422.
* Joint Action in Community Service needs volunteers in the Los Angeles area to assist young men returning to Los Angeles County from a residential vocational training program in developing goals and reaching their potential. Information: Cheryl White, (800) 521-5227.
* Glendale YWCA Domestic Violence Project needs men and women to work with battered women and their children. Training is provided. Information: (818) 242-4155, Ext. 31.
* Florence Crittenton Center in Los Angeles, which provides residential care and education for teens and teen mothers, needs volunteers for tutoring, caring for infants, storytelling and other activities. Information: Kim Knight, (323) 225-4211, Ext. 209.
* School on Wheels needs volunteers to tutor homeless children in downtown Los Angeles. Volunteers are asked to serve one hour a week. Orientation and support are provided. Information: (800) 923-1100.
Information for this column should be submitted typed and double-spaced to Involvement Opportunities, SoCal Living, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053.