Schools Chief Search
* The Ventura Unified School District Board of Trustees will select a successor to retiring Superintendent Joseph Spirito.
Selecting the next superintendent is one of the most important decisions trustees make.
Although we understand that it is our legal responsibility to make this decision, we are committed to a fair and open search process in communication with our entire Ventura Unified community.
The match between a superintendent and a community is critical. Therefore, we want to hear from our community partners regarding our search.
We invite the public to become part of our process as we develop selection criteria. The community may respond to a questionnaire, meet with our executive search advisor, participate in an open forum or all of the above.
The questions we ask are:
* What three or four personal characteristics should trustees consider when selecting the new superintendent and why?
* What three or four professional skills and what knowledge should the trustees consider?
* What experience should the trustees consider?
* Do you have something else you would like trustees to consider?
Please send comments to Marty Butt, Executive Search Advisor, California School Boards Assn., 120 E. Santa Clara St., Ventura, CA 93001.
The public also may call 652-7233 to schedule an appointment with the advisor Jan. 8-10 or may participate in a forum at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 10 at Anacapa Middle School.
Butt can be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (661) 834-2436). Candidates for the position should not contact individual board members but may contact our advisor.
Ventura Unified School District