Severed Gas Line Ignites, Burns Worker
A construction worker in Westminster suffered burns to his upper body Monday in a fire that erupted when an underground natural gas line was severed, officials said.
The man, who was not identified, was taken to UCI Medical Center in Orange for treatment of second- and third-degree burns, officials said.
The blaze erupted about 12:15 p.m. near Bushard Street and Kennedy Way and burned for more than an hour. A Southern California Gas Co. crew was working with firefighters to shut off the flow of gas.