* at Tampa Bay 6, Detroit 5 (10 innings): The Rays’ Carl Crawford hit a score-tying, run-scoring single in the 10th inning, and Carlos Pena drew a game-ending, bases-loaded walk from Fernando Rodney.
* at Boston 5, Oakland 2: Jed Lowrie’s two-run triple highlighted a three-run fourth inning that helped Daisuke Matsuzaka get his 12th victory. The A’s optioned Dana Eveland to the minors before the game.
* at Minnesota 6, Cleveland 2: Denard Span and Brendan Harris homered for the Twins. Twins Manager Ron Gardenhire said outfielder Michael Cuddyer would report for his rehabilitation assignment at triple A.
* at Seattle 8, Baltimore 4: Raul Ibanez’s two-run single against reliever Jamie Walker capped a three-run seventh inning for the Mariners, who ended their seven-game home losing streak.
* at Texas 8, Toronto 4: Gerald Laird, who said he had worried as last week’s trading deadline approached, homered twice and drove in four runs to lead the Rangers. “I didn’t want to go anywhere,” Laird said. “I think we’ve got a chance to be good for quite a while.”
* at Kansas City 14, Chicago 3: Mike Aviles went four for four with a home run for the Royals as the White Sox slipped out of first place in the AL Central for the first time since May 16.
* at New York 14, Angels 9: The Angels made four errors and Xavier Nady drove in six runs for New York.