* New York 4, at Pittsburgh 0: Johan Santana (11-7) threw a three-hitter for his fifth career shutout and the Mets, who got home runs from Brian Schneider and Carlos Beltran, won their sixth game in a row. Santana threw 85 of 113 pitches for strikes en route to his eighth career complete game and second this season.
* Chicago 9, at Florida 2: Two-run doubles by Alfonso Soriano and Aramis Ramirez and a three-run double by Reed Johnson sparked an eight-run seventh inning. Ryan Dempster (14-5) struck out 10 batters in six innings to win for the fourth time in six starts.
* at Cincinnati 7, St. Louis 3: Edinson Volquez (15-5) pitched seven shutout innings to help end the Cardinals’ winning streak at four games. The Reds have lost 17 of their last 22 games.
* San Francisco 3, at Atlanta 1: Right-hander Tim Lincecum (13-3) gave up three hits and struck out 10 -- five with runners in scoring position -- in 7 2/3 innings to lift the Giants.
* Colorado 7, at Washington 2: Ian Stewart and Seth Smith each hit three-run home runs and the Rockies handed the Nationals their 10th loss in a row.
* Philadelphia 2, at San Diego 1: Cole Hamels (10-8) gave up one run and seven hits in eight innings to end a seven-start winless skid, and Pat Burrell hit a home run in the sixth inning, his 29th this season.
* at Houston 3, Arizona 0: Roy Oswalt (11-8) gave up one hit in eight innings and struck out 10 to help the Astros win for the ninth time in 11 games.
* at Dodgers 7, Milwaukee 5: Andre Ethier hit a two-run walk-off home run, his second home run of the game and 15th this season.