* at Chicago 9, Washington 2: Aramis...
* at Chicago 9, Washington 2: Aramis Ramirez hit a pair of three-run homers and Ryan Dempster matched a career high with his 15th win.
* Atlanta 8, at St. Louis 4: Pinch-hitter Greg Norton hit a tiebreaking single with two out in the eighth inning. The Cardinals fell to 62-14 when getting at least 10 hits.
* at San Francisco 4, San Diego 3: Rich Aurilia tripled in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning and the Giants matched a season-best four-game winning streak. It was Barry Zito’s third win at home in 13 decisions.
* at Milwaukee 6, Pittsburgh 3: The Brewers moved to 20 games over .500 for the first time since finishing the 1992 season 92-70 in the American League East.
* Houston 8, at New York 3: Lance Berkman hit a three-run homer, his 26th, and David Newhan hit his first of the season for the Astros.
* at Colorado 7, Cincinnati 6: Matt Holliday hit a three-run double in the seventh inning. The Rockies trailed, 5-3, when he hit reliever Nick Masset’s first pitch off the right-field wall.
* at Arizona 7, Florida 1: Yusmeiro Petit pitched six solid innings and Chris Young and Miguel Montero homered.
* at Philadelphia 9, Dodgers 2: Russell Martin, who homered, had only one RBI in his last 16 games.