Advertisement
California

Electric scooter sparks fire in San Francisco, sending one to hospital

An e-scooter sparked a fire in San Francisco
San Francisco officials said an e-scooter sparked a fire that sent one person to a hospital Thursday morning.
(Los Angeles Times)

An electric scooter sparked a blaze in a San Francisco building that sent one person to a hospital Thursday morning, officials said.

The fire was reported shortly before 5 a.m. in the SoMa neighborhood, according to the San Francisco Fire Department. Firefighters arriving at the scene reported seeing heavy smoke on the building’s ninth floor.

Crews quickly got a handle on the blaze and rescued two people, as well as a dog, according to the department. One person was taken to a hospital, officials said.

No residents were displaced.

Advertisement

The fire originated in the electrical components of an e-scooter, according to the department. It was not immediately clear what caused it to ignite.


Newsletter
The stories shaping California

Get up to speed with our Essential California newsletter, sent six days a week.

You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.
Advertisement