Brooke Burke-Charvet’s thyroid cancer surgery a success, she says
Brooke Burke-Charvet was resting Thursday after successful surgery to remove her thyroid gland, which had a cancerous polyp.
“I’m resting, recovering,” the “Dancing With the Stars” co-host tweeted early in the day. “Surgery went well. Dr Adashek is a genius. Thx Dr! Feels like I got hit [by] a car :(“
“Thank God it’s over. I’m clean, surgery went well & I can talk. Losing My voice was my biggest fear. Thx for all your prayers & light.”
The 41-year-old kept tweeting through the day, relaying that she was spending time with family and icing her neck, the site of the surgery. The mother of four was also “trying to be still in a hectic house,” something she said she was not used to.
Burke-Charvet went public with her condition in early November, making a video for fans in which she explained what was up. Since then, she has said, she’s received tremendous support from fans and others who’ve gone through a thyroidectomy. She continued Thursday to be thankful for all the support that had come via social media.
Burke-Charvet had tweeted a last look at her pre-surgical neck Wednesday evening.
PHOTOS AND MORE:
Inside the business of entertainment
The Wide Shot brings you news, analysis and insights on everything from streaming wars to production — and what it all means for the future.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.