Proposals for funding road repairs
California lawmakers from both parties have ideas, some of which could be combined, for funding needed road repairs. Among the leading proposals:
• Charge drivers a new fee of roughly $50 a year.
• Raise gasoline tax 10 cents a gallon
• Raise diesel fuel tax 12 cents a gallon
• Increase vehicle registration fee $35
• Charge zero-emission vehicle owners $100 annually
• Tap $1.1 billion in fees on trucks now used for debt payments
• Use cap-and-trade pollution fees
Source: Times reporting
The view from Sacramento
For reporting and exclusive analysis from bureau chief John Myers, get our California Politics newsletter.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.