Here's what's new and interesting in entertainment and the arts:
- Faye Dunaway explains that Oscars gaffe: 'I thought he was joking'
- Elton John recovering from 'rare and potentially deadly' infection
- Gregg Allman is resting at home, he says, despite hospice rumor
- Riding high from Coachella, Kendrick Lamar will take his act on the road
- Amber Heard, Elon Musk downplay dinner date with matching Instagram posts
- L.A. street artist mocks Caitlyn Jenner as 'It's' Pennywise clown
- If Jared and Ivanka are helping you sleep at night, you should 'still be awake,' says John Oliver
- ‘Happy Days' star Moran likely died from cancer, officials say
After Julia Roberts was named People's most beautiful woman in the world for the fifth time in 28 years, some of the most amusing gifs in the world popped up on black Twitter.
They were drawn heavily from the "wait, what?" genre.
While many other famous names were being floated as better choices — that happens every year — an "anyone but her" sentiment seemed to be popular this time around, given the whole five-times-in-28-years thing.
People's most beautiful women haven't all been white. The title went to Lupita Nyong'o in 2014, Beyoncé in 2012, Jennifer Lopez in 2011 and Halle Berry in 2003.
Then again, perhaps this year's reaction isn't a race thing after all ...
Or maybe folks simply would have preferred one of the classics.
Who do you consider the most beautiful woman in the world right now? Tweet us @latimesent and let us know.