Here's what's new and interesting in entertainment and the arts:
- 'Hamilton' L.A. tickets go on sale Sunday, at long last
- 'Facts of Life' star Charlotte Rae has bone cancer
- Katy Perry serves up new single 'Bon Appetit'
- Kim Kardashian says she's no longer materialistic
- Caitlyn Jenner memoir creates a new rift in the family
- Chris Soules' lawyers: Don't prejudge 'Bachelor' alum
- A new Haim LP is on the way (and a new video's here)
The film that unseated "Spirited Away" as the highest-grossing anime film of all time is finally opening in North American movie theaters Friday.
"Your Name.," a body-swap love story from writer and director Makoto Shinkai, opened on Aug. 26 in Japan before going on to earn more than $328 million worldwide to date.
And it's done so without an extensive North American release — in order to qualify for Oscar eligibility, the film did have a one-week Los Angeles release in December.
The Los Angeles Film Critics Assn.'s winner for best animated film is opening Friday on 303 screens.